Posted on Thursday, February 4, 2016
One of the factors that businesses consider before starting a refurbishment or construction project is temporary space to transfer the affected employees. They often employ a swing space as their temporary place of operations, that way their operations will not be disrupted.
In case you didn’t know, swing space is a temporary space that a business can employ for a short period of time. More often than not, they utilise this option during a new construction or renovation of their work place.
1. By employing the services of a temporary healthy working environment, a company will be able to continue with their operations as usual. When looking for a short-term business space for rent, it is important that it has all the amenities and facilities that the organisation requires. For instance, if the employees are required to hold meetings, then the swing space must have a meeting or conference room.
Pictured Above: Example of Swing Space Meeting Rooms at MediaCityUK, Manchester.
2. The swing space must also provide amenities that enable the company to connect to their clients and suppliers. Internet connectivity and phone lines are important factors to look for in a business space for rent.
3. The swing space provides a safe work environment while your office building is being renovated or constructed. There are temporary spaces that have fully furnished cubicles where your staff can conduct business as soon as they moved in. It is important to find a flexible space that provides all the features you need at an affordable price.
Pictured Above: Swing Space Meeting Lounge at Blue Tower, MediaCityUK, Manchester.
4. Keep in mind that workstations come in different sizes. A flexible space provider will make sure that there are workstations for different positions. For instance, human resources professionals and managers require more privacy than other employees. There are workstations that are open, which are ideal for media kits, proposals and documents. That’s why it is important to find a swing space that can be configured according to the needs of the business.
5. One of the advantages of utilising a swing space is that they come fully furnished. There’s no need to move furniture or any other items. More often than not, the temporary office already has desks and chairs for all employees. The desks are also wired so that the staff can instantly connect their desktops or laptops as soon as possible. That way there is little downtime for the company’s operations.
Pictured Above: Example of Swing Space & Serviced Office Space at MediaCityUK, Manchester.
6. Renovation or construction of a workplace can be stressful. It is important that you are able to find a healthy working environment to reduce the stress. By using a swing space, the employees are able to remain relaxed and focused during the stressful time.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If you would like to stay in touch and receive more articles from us, then why not subscribe to our mailing list.